|Standards for Incoming Kindergarteners|
- Be kind to other and respect the person in charge.
- Be able to use the toilet and wash hands properly without help.
- Listen and follow directions.
- Be familiar with routines such as: time to read, time for bed, time to eat, time to brush teeth, time to get ready for school, time for parent to leave, time for parent to return.
- Be able to talk to an adult.
- Be able to say first and last name, age and gender.
- Be able to identify and say aloud the 8 basic colors (red, orange, blue, green, yellow, brown, black, purple).
- Be able to identify and say aloud the basic shapes (circle, square, triangle, rectangle).
- Be familiar with the letters of the alphabet and the sounds they make.
- Be able to write first name correctly (uppercase first letter, then lower case remaining letters).
- Be able to hold and properly use a pencil, crayon, and scissors.
- Be able to count 10 objects and identify the numbers 0 - 10.